Simple Pleasures Speak To The Heart

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. We don't typically do anything for Valentine's Day because our Anniversary is the end of January and Valentine's Day just seems too canned and commercial. I really do have a rebellious spirit and so, by nature, I somewhat boycotted Valentine's Day.

Yesterday I felt like I needed to do something for the children and Doug to remind them that  I loved them. So I took advantage of the holiday. I made Doug his favorite dessert, or is used to be.:) For the kids I made simple valentine's and stapled ring pops and candies to them. The reaction and thanks were worth every minute of effort. The children felt special and loved.

The best reaction I got was Bria. She took her Valentine, looked at me with big eyes and said "Me?'

I responded "Yes, that's for you".

She said "Why?"

With one more reminder that she still needs lots of validation I said, "Because I love you and Daddy loves you." I gave her a kiss on the head and she got down from the table. She ran to the other side of the kitchen, with her little limp and a huge grin then back again and said,

"Thank You!"

Bria and a Ring Pop

Pierce reading Lord of the Flies while eating his Ring Pop

Hyrum loving Valentines Day

I wish I had more pictures of the other kids but I didn't think fast enough.


Hannah reminded me she still had her Ring Pop. Good hint she wanted a picture.

Olivia too ran up with her Ring Pop.
These cute girls helped me to remember that we all need attention, no matter how old.

Clayson didn't care about the candy, he just wanted to show the crazy hair.

Niya is just beautiful. 


"It is our sacred joy and privilege to serve the Lord and our fellowmen, to commit the best that is within us to the noble cause of lifting others and building the kingdom of God."
                                                                                                                                                         —Dieter F. Uchtdorf



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Our Adoption Journey In a Very Small Nut Shell