Ups and Downs of Adoption

It has been a very busy couple of weeks with lots of fun and company. In the midst of all that I got word that the USCIS had denied expediting our adoption. It's a good thing life was busy because I didn't have much time to dwell on it. I just said a prayer and left it up to God.

Myriam at our agency talked with someone at USCIS that let her know we would not be expedited. She was told that our son did not meet the qualifications. WHAT?!?! What has to happen for a child to be qualified for a speedy adoption. We all figured a serious heart defect, the chance of death at any time and the need for surgery 18 months ago may be enough, but NO. Myriam asked the person at USCIS what qualifies and she was told she would need to talk with the supervisor that was out until after the new year. Myriam put a call into the supervisor the day she got back in the office but didn't hear from her until the next day. In that call the supervisor agreed to review the file again. Not to long after that, maybe 30 minutes, Myriam called me again to let me know that she had decided to go ahead and expedite!

We are now on our way to a speedy adoption. We hope. I have had to let go and just let the Lord be in charge. It has been nice to feel like this is not my burden to carry that I just need to be ready when the time comes. I will do all the work that is necessary for me but in the end God will make things happen the way He needs it. I am grateful that I have learned to do this better and for the lighter load.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Olivia is a Citizen of the United States!