Talents


Doug and I were in the car talking about his day at work. He had found out one of his coworkers was the wife of a big business owner in town. They are obviously well off financially. I wondered why she would work in a job that didn't pay super well and just fill her time like that.

I said, "I could find her things to do and she would be much happier." Meaning there are plenty of service opportunities out there.

Doug, "I think she's a low capacity person."

I responded, "That's OK we all have talents. I've always thought of myself as a one talent person that doesn't hide it."

With a big grin Doug says, "You're a ten talent person."

I say, "No, look at my laundry."

Doug laughing, "You don't hide it."

We had a good laugh!


                                                        I couldn't hide this if I tried. :)



The Parable of the Talents

Matthew 25:14-30
14For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money.
19After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Olivia is a Citizen of the United States!