Bibs, Bibs and More Bibs

Well the deadline has almost arrived to send off our bibs. I have been working furiously to get them done. It started out as a family project but Gideon ended up in the hospital and mom couldn't help the kids finish. Each child chose a fabric, pinned the pattern, and cut it out. While in the hospital Sereen and Hannah helped sew the bibs the kids weren't able to finish with me.

Sorry the picture is so bad. The camera was on the wrong setting.
These are some of the bibs the kids made.


Once home I decided to make the bibs my project. I love to sew and I love to serve so it was a perfect combination at the perfect time. I finished with all the fabric that I had stored in boxes and then bought more. Still not satisfied with what I had I bought even more fabric.




What a fun project this was and the kids were immersed in scraps, thread and sewing paraphernalia. I lost a sewing room many kids ago. Now the kitchen table is my best work space. At dinner time the sewing machine gets set behind the chair next to the table with the stack of the unfinished project. No one in the family can ever forget the service being rendered as they pull threads out of their food. :)


Close ups of some of the fun patterns.
 

Hello Kitty was everywhere in China.
Even grown women wore Hello Kitty.

Some of the monster bibs had orang and blue backs.




I think I like the zoo theme. I ended up
with two different fabrics with animals.

 
This fabric screamed China to me.
I wish I had bought the little bit left on the bolt.
I would love to have some for myself.
 
 
 
How many did we end up with, you ask? A whopping 147!!
Now I need another project. Any ideas?!?!
 
Oh, it needs to be something I can do on my own time.
Deadlines are a little difficult right now.


 

Comments

  1. I noticed those cute bibs when I was over there a while back. Your children told me about this wonderful service project. You made some darling ones. You are just amazing to me and so inspiring. I like that you include your children in the service projects. I will put a thinking cap on what you can do next. You might check with the Humanitarian center. Some of their projects they will give you the material to do it.
    Blessings and hugs for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is great! You have done that bibs for your service projects. I could say that you're such an amazing person for making those cute bibs. How long did it take for you to finish all of them? Before I forgot to say this, your bibs are very adorable. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments. I don't know how long the project took but I would guess about 20 hours. Not too bad. Maybe I should go into business. :)

      Delete
  3. Really? I think you should do business. It is a very great opportunity for you because you have an exceptional talent. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Olivia is a Citizen of the United States!