We're (almost) On Our Way

It is now 12:00 am and I am still up. I swore I wouldn't do this but here I am. I thought I would let you know that we leave at 6:00 am for the airport. We are so excited to be getting Gideon!!! It has seemed unreal today that we were leaving to go to China. Everyone seemed happy but at moments a little melancholy. Once the children went to bed it was my turn to fight the sadness of leaving the kids. I know all will be well but I will really miss them. Leaving my children for so long causes me to recognize how much I love them and the relationship we share. They are my best friends. All of them from the 4 year old to the 25 year old and all in between.

Preston and Sereen were over today helping me to get ready and as they left little Preston waved goodbye. I realized that I would be half way around the world and I thought to myself "don't die while I'm gone, I'll really miss you." Ok, I better stop now. I am already starting to tear up and I'm not even walking out the door yet.

It will be a few days until we can post but as soon as we get to Hefei I will update.

Have a Great Day!!!

P.S. I have to say how much I love working with Myriam at Agape and we are so excited to meet Richard in Guangzhou. They have made this the best adoption we have had. Remember this is adoption number 8 with a few other agencies sprinkled in when we didn't end up with a child for one reason or another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Our Adoption Journey In a Very Small Nut Shell