In Hyrum's Words

A couple of months ago I had this conversation with Hyrum. I wrote it down so that I didn't forget.

I was drinking some water as Hyrum stared at me. I thought I should ask him if he had gotten much water in the orphanage because he is always drinking.

Mom, "Did you get water in China?"

Hyrum, "Little, I crying, bad guy get me."

Mom, "Where was I?"

Hyrum, "At home, 4 times I crying  say mama come get me."

Mom, "Are you better now?"





Hyrum nods his head and says, "I home"

Comments

  1. That story gets me every time I hear it. I know I can't really know what it must have been like, but I think I understand where he and Bria came from just a little better. It amazes me how strong they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breaks my heart! So glad you brought him home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Our Adoption Journey In a Very Small Nut Shell