Protect The Children, The Time Is Now

I have referenced a talk given in General Conference several times now but this talk comes back to haunt me on a regular basis. I think the Lord is keeping my thoughts and desires where he wants them. At times I feel like I just want to forget all the heart ache and trauma that so many innocent children face on a daily basis. It's not an easy place to be.

Last Friday Doug and I went out to dinner and ended up in a restaurant that had average prices. When I saw the bill I just thought what a waste that money was. Mediocre food and not a great atmosphere. I realized that with that money we could be sponsoring a child that has nothing. Doug and I decided that we were going to alter a date a month and sponsor a child in China instead. On that night every month we will be creative with what we eat and remember why we are doing this. We are going to make it somewhat of a game or adventure.  Tonight we got on the computer and looked at some children from the same healing home as our new son to be. We felt like we wanted to pay it back by supporting that home. There were 5 children that we could sponsor and would get monthly updates and pictures on. It was too hard to choose so we still haven't signed up yet. We will make a decision by the end of the week and start our giving.

Two years ago I was introduced to a child that was in need of a family. At the same time I was also presented with Hyrum. We all know that we chose Hyrum and I would do it all over again. Unfortunately, this other little boy has been left in China with no family. I have followed all the advocating for him and watched for updates. I have a friend that has met him and she has told me some things about this little guy. I have watched with great interest and waited for the announcement that he had a family. Another agency advocating for him came and went and still no family. I emailed my friend and asked if she knew if anyone was looking at him. Just before bed she emailed back and let me know that he is in the hospital. My heart sunk. I didn't sleep much last night because of the worry for him. Leo, as they call him has severe Complex Heart Disease. He doesn't seem to be doing as well as our little guy that is to be rushed home for medical care.

Today I decided to do some digging and see if I could find anymore out about the situation. Leo is in the hospital for pneumonia. Pneumonia is one of the biggest challenges for the orphans. Leo especially is in danger because of the heart issue. One person told me they were praying that he would return back to our Father in Heaven and shed the body he has. I completely understand but I found I couldn't pray for that. My heart kept praying for his health. He deserves a life but is it worth it if he heals, gets surgery and then lives a life as an orphan? Probably not.

Now this brings me to a place that pushes me even further than I have gone before. I need to help find Leo a family or a donor for his adoption and we bring him home. Wow, I said it. I know Leo's life is in the Lord's hands and God has a plan  for Leo. I am very aware that we may not be in that plan as a family but maybe as an advocate. Leo needs surgery now and from what very little knowledge I have it looks like he has hope for a good life. Not like the unknowns of our son in China.

Leo is a sweet little boy that is turning 5 soon. He loves to dance and sing! Leo loves stuffed animals. He is on target with the rest of the children his age in the orphanage, which is a miracle. Heart children are typically behind because of a lack of energy. He is a good helper and all the children in the large orphanage love him. One family adopted two girls from his orphanage last February. The mom sent a Christmas package that didn't make it until after they returned to the states. The girls asked their new mom if the things could be given to Leo because they loved him so much. This little boy is loved because he is good and kind. Do you know anyone that could help? If so please pass the word along. Leo deserves a family and health. He didn't choose to be born in China where his birth family couldn't give him medical care and had to abandon him. He could be any of our children and we would have been able to care for and love him. Leo would have had a family here. Let's give it our all to get Leo to his family.




Now is the time for me to step up my efforts of protecting the children and this is where I start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Olivia is a Citizen of the United States!