You Were Meant To Be and Update


As Clayson, Creed and I all stayed home from church not feeling well, we watched a Veggie Tales movie, "It's a Meaningful Life". This story is a spin off of "It's a Wonderful Life". Of course, the main character goes on a journey to see what his life would have been like if his regrets of life had been avoided. It illustrates the change in who he is and how different his life would be.  The main theme was that God is in charge of our lives and places the people and experiences there for us to grow into who He would have us be.

I still struggle at moments with giving up some dreams I have had over the years but God is mindful of me and has not given up on me yet. He is still teaching me the importance of giving my life for Him and the showing me the blessing that come from it. This song by Steven Curtis Chapman "You Were Meant To Be", is one of those moments that our Father In Heaven reminds us of who we are and that He has a plan for us. I recommend you click the link and watch it.

"For I know the thought that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

He is in charge and wants only the best for us. He will prosper us if we allow Him to lead the way.


Update on our homestudy. We got word that all the changes are made and our placing agency is waiting to receive the final copy. Once they have it the USCIS application will go out overnight. The agency will then contact USCIS to alert them the application is coming. Because of the delays with the homestudy I have wondered if travel would be delayed past February. Our agency thinks that once we get all the paperwork to China things will go very quickly and she is still planning on February travel.

I hope for several reasons we go in February. My biggest concern right now is Hyrum and Bria. I had a discussion with them the other night about us being gone to China. (They bug me every day about going to get our new boy and Hyrum's friend. Bria is insistent that we need to get two boys this trip and go NOW. That is all in the Lord's hands. We can't even consider it financially.) If we get to travel in February then most of the kids will be off track and Hyrum and Bria will have their support system home while we are gone. They will also have distractions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Olivia is a Citizen of the United States!