Christmas Concert

Last night we had the opportunity to go see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra with Alfie Boe and Tom Brokaw. It was fantastic!!! Tyler and Jessica were honored to be dancers in it. I think I was the proudest Mama there. Doug and I just smiled the whole time they were on stage. One dance Jessica was right in front but we couldn't see Tyler. That was fine we could watch Jessica the whole time without splitting our attention  She is so graceful and beautiful. We sure love her. Then part way through the song a couple came out dressed in a gold gown and tails. They danced up and down the stairs reminiscent of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. It didn't take long to notice it was Tyler. He was graceful. They danced beautifully!

Seeing Alfie Boe perform was great. He has a beautiful voice and is very unassuming. After his first song he took a couple of minutes to speak. One thing he said was that being there was a dream come true. My heart almost burst for him. I knew that dream and felt such joy for his success. I was happy to be there and participate in making his dream a reality. His performance was magnificent.

Sereen and Jared had saved some seats while we hunted for a parking spot. They didn't know that where we sat would have an impact on me. We sat down  and noticed right in front of us was a mentally disabled young man. He had brought two leading batons with him and had them held tightly in his hand. In different moments of the concert I would notice that this young man would raise his hand high and lead the music. He couldn't stay in his seat when the music came to a climax. He just had to get up and lead. It was clear that he had a talent for music and could feel the natural highs, lows and cuts. I was not distracted in the least because the music was so engrossing. At one point in the concert I began to reflect on my earlier dreams of performing on stage. At that moment this young man caught my attention as he was leading the music. I thought of his talent and unfulfilled dreams of leading the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I recognized that both of us were in the service of our Father in Heaven by accepting the calling on earth that we have and what a valiant son he was for sacrificing so much . Then came a moment of longing,

 "Father, please let me sing in his choir one day".



I found a link to an article with pictures of Tyler and Jessica. Jessica is in several pictures. Scroll through and you will see Jessica wearing the sparkly purple dress. Continue scrolling, Tyler is the first guy on the right with the girl in the gold.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55465611-78/concert-alfie-boe-choir.html.csp

Comments

  1. Wow! That is incredible :) I loved looking at the pictures and wish I could have seen it! I should have taken more hints from Tyler when we were partners in madrigals...I didn't know he'd be a world-renowned dancer some day ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Love

Our Adoption Journey In a Very Small Nut Shell