LOA!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!  We finally got our Letter of Acceptance.  This is the official approval from the country offering us the opportunity to adopt our two precious children.  We now have a little better idea of when we will travel.  I already expected we would go in September or October so we still wait to find out.  If some miracles happen we could possibly go in September but it is more probable we go in October.  I am however, a big believer in the power of God.  I know he can do anything he wants so if he desires we go in September it could happen.  I just hope that for once in my life His will and timing match mine.  What would the chances be of that?

On Thursday night Ressa said that I need to stop sitting at the computer and get out and do something.  She offered to even take me shopping.  I felt pretty silly that I was so bound up by the desire to receive this approval that even my kids noticed.  Who am I trying to fool, anyone could have seen it.  Friday I tried not to look at the email.  I had to look a few times in the morning because I assumed the notice would come first thing since China is asleep when we are awake.  Nothing came so I laid off the computer and tried to keep myself busy.  I did things with the kids, weeded, made Marshall fold the clothes :), and made treats for the neighbors.  At almost 4:00pm I checked again and there it was!  I got so excited that I  called Doug and told him I was on my way to print it out and sign so I could send my I800 to the USCIS overnight that day.  I was so caught up that we signed the papers wrong and now I have to call the USCIS officer in the morning and ask her where to send another set of copies that were done right.  I really hope that in all my excitement I didn't completely mess things up.  We even stopped and said a prayer with all the children and Doug before I sealed the envelope asking to be inspired if we had done something wrong in the paperwork.  No stupor of thought or inspiration so we were good to go.  There must be a good reason for this to have happened.  I will choose to just trust in God.  This is all in His timing anyway, right?

I have had someone ask me to post our timeline on the blog. I love looking at others time lines because it gives me a better idea of what we are looking at in our experience.  I will look all our dates up and get them on the sidebar this week.  I should be able to get that done now that I am not sitting in front of the computer all day and night waiting for an email.

Comments

  1. Super cool! We are so thrilled for you! The photos of Hyrum are so cute. What a sweet gift.

    love ya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Olivia is a Citizen of the United States!