The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

OK, today was one of those days for me.  At 3:30 I very calmly said "everyone needs to clean the kitchen and family room."  Then I walked out.  On the way to my room to lay down to pull myself together Bria wanted to be held. I just needed some time alone but that doesn't ever happen right now. I put her on the bed and laid down.  Bria sat and stared at me while I closed my eyes.  I finally told her she could go play and she took the bait. I just laid there for a while longer before I got up.

I had a lot of things to do that didn't get done because of other circumstances today, including going shopping.  We have food but I had no idea how to put it together to make it tasty. I made pancakes and sat the kids down to eat while I finished cooking.  I usually try to finish cooking before feeding the kids but I just wanted it done.  While cooking Pierce got up and told me to go eat.  He is very in tune with my needs and thoughtful.  I was close to being done so I told him I would just finish it up.  Well, I wouldn't have let him finish anyway just because that is how I am.  Niya noticed what was happening and she got up and started to push me to the table.  She then said. "Go sit down, Pierce will do it."  It was endearing and funny at the same time.  Yes, Pierce would do it.  Pierce would not sit down until I did then we both ate.

That was a good way to soften a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

On a side note, I am falling madly in love with my little Bria.  She is really coming out of her shell.  She had to lay by me last night to go to sleep. Not only by me but under my covers sharing her blanket with me.  She even gave me a hug and kiss and said "I love you".  We are making fantastic progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Our Adoption Journey In a Very Small Nut Shell