Saturday, June 18, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Playing catch up seems to be the mode of my life in the last couple of years.  At some point along the road of life I began to drop bits and pieces of my burden.  These are things that most think of as necessities.  I did for a long time.  Cleaning the toilets daily was most definitely a necessity in my book.  I don't remember at what child that stopped, probably when I had two babies at once.  From the time I stopped cleaning those toilets and washing the mop boards once a week I have let go of many things.  I have said over and over that there is nothing else that I can give up.  The problem is there always seems to be something more that goes.  Now it happens to be the laundry or moping a filthy floor.  I finally cleaned my bedroom and bathroom for the first time in  well over a month.  The dust was so thick that I had to keep washing my rag out.

Last week I began to play catch up!!  That is a wonderful thing.  To me that means that something has let up enough for me to get necessities done.  I did clean my room and bathroom. Here I am a week later and it needs it again.  I did get the laundry folded and put away.  I only have 3 loads to fold right now and 3 to wash.  That is awesome.  I still have about 10 plants that need planting but Ressa spent about an hour weeding yesterday so that eased that burden a little.

I don't know why I did it, but now I have one more thing to play catch up with.  My blog.  No it's not a necessity but I have felt like it is something that would be good for me to do.  I haven't felt like I have had much to say but then I started looking back at pictures and realized there have been a couple of fun things happen.  Mostly though we have been living life.

A little update on the adoption front.  We are hoping to get our official approval from China (LOA) on Monday or Tuesday.  We have had a possible snag on the US side and we're still waiting to hear from 2 different people about the outcome.  Please pray for us and the children that they will come home quickly without any more problems.  I am so tired of red tape and most of it is so unnecessary.

I'll continue the catch up through out the week.

Deanne

1 comment:

  1. Deanne,

    Man can I relate to the playing catch up game. I'm behind about a month as well and have had to let some things go. It's good to go through those times though. I think it's taught me that sometime there are just way more important things in life than a clean toilet.

    Once in a while those are luxuries, not necessities.

    Catch up, or not, You guys are still amazing.

    ReplyDelete