Three teenaged boys... a pool... a 14 foot ladder.... and a ball. Nevermind that it was 10:00 at night, Creed, Pierce and Casey were gong to have a "swim".
Landing in about 40 inches of water, they had to almost do belly flops or back flops to avoid hitting the bottom too hard. After they were safely back inside they devoured an entire loaf of mom's homemade bread making toast.
At first glance, I thought the yellow ball was the moon! I was really confused how you got it to look like Creed caught it and then I realized it wasn't nearly that impressive when I saw Pierce's picture. :)
Oh my those pictures are fantastic; but on the other hand scary. Teenage boys are so fun and of course they have those big appetites. Blessings and hugs for you all!
A few weeks ago, Deanne and I went to preview the land of Tonga before we bring the kids back later this month. What an incredible place with incredible people! We met some very generous friends on the beach who shared their fresh seafood dinner with us. Sea urchin just doesn't get any fresher than this!! Not that we have had sea urchin before to compare... Fabulous blow holes... Fresh coconut juice... Freshly picked papaya for breakfast.... Sunsets on the beach that is a 5 minute walk from the property we are leasing... Then we came home to this. Like we needed any more convincing to go back!
We haven't seen an update on the blog in a couple of days from China because Scott is struggling. He is mourning deeply! It is taking everything out of Doug emotionally that he has. Yesterday Doug tried to keep Scott busy so he didn't have time to blog, I assume. They went to the circus at night so they would have gotten back to the hotel very late. The day before, Scott melted down and cried all evening. Not just tears or a whimper but cried from the depths of his soul. At one point he cuddled up to Pierce and allowed him to give some comfort. In the morning Doug was able to stroke his head and Scott reached over and grabbed his hand and held it. Scott does want comfort. He looks to his family for that but it is still hard. So much lost and changed. I have to believe that he still wants a family because he turns to them in his distress but the mourning can not be avoided. When Scott comes home I hope he will allow me to hold and cuddle him. He needs a mother's touch and...
It is for the precious children like Sierra that we dedicate our lives. Keep rooting for me sweet girl! Yesterday LDS Family Services made the announcement that they would no longer be doing adoptions as of August 1, 2014. There are several contributing factors in their decision. but with this change many people have no place to go to fill their adoption needs. Family Services provided a lower cost adoption option. They also created a place for birth moms to have hope and feel secure knowing they would find a strong family that met their criteria. With Family Services getting out of adoptions they leave a void. LDS Family Services plans to refer all birthmoms to local adoption agencies and focus only on counseling. I'm glad they are still going to counsel but sending these mothers to local agencies may not be the best option. Once the birthmoms are affiliated with an agency they can then only choose from families that have paid fees and signed up with that age...
At first glance, I thought the yellow ball was the moon! I was really confused how you got it to look like Creed caught it and then I realized it wasn't nearly that impressive when I saw Pierce's picture. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my those pictures are fantastic; but on the other hand scary. Teenage boys are so fun and of course they have those big appetites.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs for you all!