A Good Video

So many times I have wanted to write a new post. But many different thoughts have stopped me. The two biggest negatives are, one, there isn't even anyone that reads this, except Sereen and Jared, but they have to because I am their mother. Two, the things I think about aren't exactly light thoughts. I have always had trouble with lightening up. Doug says I never have a frivolous thought. That's almost true. I envy those that can just have fun. I have fun but that serious part of me is right there waiting for the smallest opportunity to take over. Because of these serious thoughts the things I want to write seem too important to put in the back of a blog where no one will ever go.



Well, I think it's time to just start writing those thoughts. The subject that most often comes to mind, ok always, is adoption. Yesterday I was reading "The Family, A Proclamation To The World". There is a line in it that I have felt very strongly about. It is "Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity." I have always thought of that in terms of unwed mothers. I don't judge them if they choose to keep the baby but I feel strongly that these children deserve a stable mother and father and that a birthmom that places a baby for adoption makes a very mature decision out of great love for her child. However, as I read that yesterday the words "entitled... to be reared by a father and a mother" hit me hard.



There are so many children in this world without parents. Each one of them are children of God and deserve the love and nurture of a family every bit as much as you or I. I believe that these children that come to earth knowing that they will, for a time or even all their lives, be without loving parents have greater faith in our Father in Heaven than most of us.

We saw this video not too long after we started the adoption process this time with China. It is pretty powerfull.




Comments

  1. LG and I would love to adopt someday.

    I wish I had it in me to do what you do. I really do. It is SOOOO amazing. I am so proud of you and I honor you and Doug and all your kids.

    I can't believe you are going to have two more....that is miraculous!!!

    I added you to my blogroll so I will read every post.

    We are moving back to Utah so I look forward to meeting all your kiddos and getting reacquainted with the others.

    I wish I could take every parent-less child in this world and give them a hug, but sometimes all I can do is pray for them and pray for angels like you. I hope God will make me stronger, but remember DeAnne people have all kinds of trials that you may not see, so try not to look down on others.

    You are so very blessed to have Doug. Together you guys make a force to be reckoned with. Remember that not everyone has that. Sometimes people are just fighting for their little family.

    And the general authorities have an average of three children, so family size really is a personal decision to be made individually.

    I personally struggle with why God allows other people to pursue their own educational and vocational goals while putting off having children when he told me to have some as soon as I got married. All I wanted to do was finish college.
    We each have our own paths, our own trials, and our own missions in this life.

    I love it that you found such a noble one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Our Adoption Journey In a Very Small Nut Shell