Christmas

I know it's been a long time since we blogged. I have thought about it a lot but haven't had the time. This Christmas season has been very full. Not the same full as in the past but filled with more important things. We didn't do many of the activities that are traditional for our family at this season but we did things that brought the Spirit into our lives and kept our focus on the Savior. Being in the production of Savior of the World has been so great. We have grown in many ways and witnessed changes in ourselves and our family. Talents are being developed and miracles are happening.

Along with Savior of the World we have also suffered the flue. This flue usually started with a fever for 1-4 days then many other symptoms to follow for 2-3 weeks. In a family this size a flue like that will take over our lives and could be around for a couple of months. That's where we're at. Having the flue made it very hard to get Christmas shopping done and just as I thought I would be headed out to finish up I would wake up with a fever again. This sickness has gone through most of the family by now and I'm hoping that no one else gets it.

It has been a beautiful Christmas season filled with blessings. Many friends and neighbors have shown love and we are grateful for them. We have made good friends through Savior of the World and will miss them dearly. We have been blessed to find families for a couple of precious babies and plan to continue this wonderful work. In other areas of life we have been greatly blessed and will share the experiences when the time is right.


Every year my parents buy pajamas for more than 60 grandkids. What a feat. 
These are all the unmarried kids in their new jammies.


We got to have Jason, Ressa and Charlie with us for Christmas.


Emma got a giant Frozen puzzle. She put it together all by herself.
She is really starting to show some growth.


This was our living room first thing Christmas morning.
This is just the Santa presents.



This is Hannah talking to her cousin Chloe. The huge smile is because she had just
found out the Chloe got a plane ticket to come stay with us for almost 
2 weeks in January.


Scott loves Christmas and he is so grateful.


After breakfast and when we are dressed we open presents from each other.
All the children choose names and give a gift to one of their siblings.
Marshall got Hyrum the perfect gift...


A huge pillow pet!


Bria was so tuckered out that she fell asleep while we were
opening presents. She still had two left to open.
It took two days for her to open the other gifts.
I think I will revamp Bria's Christmas next year.


Jessica is showing off her scarf knitted by Aunt Denise.
My sister Denise made a scarf for each member of the family
including all the grandkids.
These gifts were the hit of Christmas. 
The squeals of joy were so cute.
I wish she could have been there to see it.


Olivia and Hannah got similar scarves. I love these ones.


Malia's scarf is so soft. I've tried using this yarn.
It is not easy to work with.


And I had to include this picture. Doug is looking pretty shaggy about now.
His great beard doesn't look so great anymore and his hair is way too long.
I need to get a picture of his hair from the back. He has quite the curls.
He could just about do a comb over if he were the type.
Trust me, he's not the type.

Comments

  1. Oh, dear friend; I wish I would have known that flu was running rapid in your home. I would have loved to have helped in some way.
    Your Christmas pictures are just so fun; I am happy to see all of their smiling faces.
    Sending love and hugs your way and praying for many blessings for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Our Adoption Journey In a Very Small Nut Shell