A few weeks ago, Deanne and I went to preview the land of Tonga before we bring the kids back later this month. What an incredible place with incredible people! We met some very generous friends on the beach who shared their fresh seafood dinner with us. Sea urchin just doesn't get any fresher than this!! Not that we have had sea urchin before to compare... Fabulous blow holes... Fresh coconut juice... Freshly picked papaya for breakfast.... Sunsets on the beach that is a 5 minute walk from the property we are leasing... Then we came home to this. Like we needed any more convincing to go back!
We haven't seen an update on the blog in a couple of days from China because Scott is struggling. He is mourning deeply! It is taking everything out of Doug emotionally that he has. Yesterday Doug tried to keep Scott busy so he didn't have time to blog, I assume. They went to the circus at night so they would have gotten back to the hotel very late. The day before, Scott melted down and cried all evening. Not just tears or a whimper but cried from the depths of his soul. At one point he cuddled up to Pierce and allowed him to give some comfort. In the morning Doug was able to stroke his head and Scott reached over and grabbed his hand and held it. Scott does want comfort. He looks to his family for that but it is still hard. So much lost and changed. I have to believe that he still wants a family because he turns to them in his distress but the mourning can not be avoided. When Scott comes home I hope he will allow me to hold and cuddle him. He needs a mother's touch and...
Deanne summed up the "gotcha day" better than I could have and she wasn't even here. How does she do that? Here are some photos to add some visuals. Creed and Pierce at about 6:00 am in Korea for a 3 hour layover after the 12 1/2 hour flight. Still handsome boys after all that. The freeway coming from the airport in Guangzhou. There are miles of this landscaped median. Utah just throws out rock lansdscaping along most freeways and barely keep the other areas mowed. This stretch of the highway looks like it has to have dozens of full time landscapers. They wrap buildings here in a green mesh fabric to keep the dust down as they are being built or remodeled. Most Chinese ads don't have Chinese poeple in them. I caught this one on a bus driving by. I am not sure of the connections between Bruce Lee and the Colonel, but there seems to be one here. Preparing the paperwork while we waited for Gui....
Woohoo!! I guess this means we'll see you soon? :) Bummer no new news on Gideon, but maybe that means good news...?
ReplyDelete