"I'm Happy Mom"



This child is so incredibly precious.
I have never experienced a person filled with more gratitude.
Hyrum thanks Doug and I for everything. He thanks me for taking him to the toilet. He thanks me for food. He thanks me for giving him a bath, holding him, reading him a story, watching him on his bike and everything else you could think of. Today he was playing and I walked in the room where he was. He turned to me with a big grin and said "Thank you mom." I asked why he would thank me and he said "Cuz you came by me". These thank yous are not the run of the mill "thank you because I need to be polite". These words are filled with true feeling and sincere smiles. 

For the last two weeks I hear the words "I'm happy" at least 10 times a day. Hyrum is truly happy and you can feel it just by being with him. He attracts people wherever he goes. I am sure his happiness is tied to his sincere gratitude for life and all that he has. Most importantly his family. This boy adores his family!!

Hyrum is teaching me, by example, the true joy that comes from gratitude. I have tried much harder to appreciate all that I have and be happy even with the challenges that are mine. I am eternally blessed by having him. I dont' want to imagine what my life would be without the blessings he brings.


He doesn't do very well trying to be angry.

Not only is he happy but he is incredibly handsome.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert

The Power of Love

Our Adoption Journey In a Very Small Nut Shell